Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Spirit Pt.1: The Beginning

This is my first post on this blog that will not concern the entertainment realm of journalism.

Recently, about two weeks ago, I accepted God into my life and became a Christian. I am very pleased to say that the void I felt in my life was filled with the light of God, a first for me in 8 years.

I have been reading the Bible diligently since my acceptance of Christ and I've been realizing many personality traits in myself that I wish to alter. I am beginning to understand the importance of some things in my life over others. I am being welcomed into a greater community of people who truly understand what I'm feeling and have known the Path before me but have no qualms in helping me with any questions I have.

I see now that this journey will take many things into consideration and will drastically change my life in a good way. Everything seems brighter now, a lot less murky and cloudy, and for that, I thank God.

These are the things I'm going to go in depth with for this series of blog posts--They will center around feelings I've had and personality traits I wish to cycle out of my system and my life:
1. Doubt & Guilt
2. Escapism & Fear
3. Vulgar language use
4. Procrastination & Laziness
5. Revenge & Grudges
6. Jealousy
7. Unfair Judgment & Tactlessness

With each of these I will go in depth and discuss the connections I have personally had to these feelings and personality traits. I will then look to the Bible and find verses which tie into each and expound on them a little more afterward.

I hope that with this blog series I will bring about more self-understanding.

To all of you who have been so influential in my life, your friendships are golden and I appreciate your presence.

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. So.
    I know a few things to be true. I know that I enjoyed having class with you and the few other times I saw you in our time at ASU. I know that I am so delighted to be able to call you a sister in Christ now. I know that I am not the best witness in the way I live my life. I also know that, despite that, I would love to offer you support and feedback any time you need it. I know that God made you specifically the way you are and with a purpose. I know He loves you an insane amount. I also know the beauty of grace is that we are already forgiven for the times we fail. I will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete