Monday, June 14, 2010

God has a bigger plan for me

This past month has been very hard on me. I've struggled through being poor, breaking up with a boyfriend I planned on marrying, worrying about never being able to make enough money to make ends meet, and worrying that a good friend of mine wasn't ever going to talk to me again.

I've been eating frozen meal after frozen meal and putting most of my money into gas so that I can commute to and from work. I've been thinking hard on whether or not to contact my father or a past ex whom I know is in need of support. I've been thinking that I will never find my soul mate, and that I should get used to feeling disappointment with every guy I date.

I've had all of these things weighing in on my mind. But I've noticed one thing that has helped me through all of it: God has a bigger plan for me.

Since I've accepted him into my life, He's helped me begin to get everything on track again. I'm seeing a counselor, which helps me to look back at my past and release it in a positive way. I'm working out again, so I'm feeling myself develop a stronger physical fitness. I'm being supported by incredible friends, including the one whom I was worried about losing a connection with. To top it all off, I'm strengthening my connection with God.

I've started the posts about feelings and personality traits that I want to exclude from my life. I have also been attending church and reading the Bible. Although I'm still having issues, I'm seeing things a lot clearer than I would normally.

So even though I have moments where I feel lonely, disappointed, and sad, I realize that these are all moments I have to endure. There is more out there for me. With God on my side I have many possibilities and doors that will be opened when the time is right.

3 comments:

  1. Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, no kidding. just need a pair of sandals lol :)

    ReplyDelete